About San Juan College
At San Juan College, we're all about student success and completion. Our academic programs are innovative, challenging, and affordable, giving you the knowledge, skills, and confidence to thrive in the global economy.
Founded in 1956, San Juan College (SJC) is a two-year higher education institution that offers academic and career and technical education. SJC serves as a regional leader in education and provides quality education to more than 8700 students seeking academic credit programs through face-to-face and online classes each year. Students can choose from over 140 two-year degree and certificate programs. In addition, the College provides workforce training to approximately 4,000 students and delivers non-credit community learning classes to 1,800 students annually. Dedicated to student success and completion, San Juan College offers innovative, challenging, and affordable academic programs that equip students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in the global economy.
The College has five campuses: the main Farmington Campus on College Blvd; the 30th Street Campus, in Farmington; the Hutton Street Center in Farmington; San Juan College East in Aztec; and San Juan College West, in Kirtland, New Mexico.
SJC is organized into six Schools: Energy, Health Sciences, Trades and Tech, Business and Information Technology, Humanities, and Science, Math and Engineering. In addition to the six Schools, the Center for Workforce Development, the Community Learning Center, the Enterprise Center, and the Small Business Development Center support economic development, economic and personal growth, and skills training. All these components provide skills, education, and training for students, community members, employers, employees, and people seeking to upskill or obtain marketable skill or skills in high demand.
The College has agreements with several state universities to offer both bachelor’s and master’s degree programs at our various locations. San Juan College is proud to serve a unique and culturally diverse population.
San Juan College by the Numbers
San Juan College is all about our students and community, and we're on a mission to make things better every day. With iCare Values, we've got the magic formula: Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence. We're raising the bar and having a blast while doing it! Let’s create your incredible learning experience together!
Educate and empower individuals to thrive in an ever-changing world.
Inspire success through world-class education and life-changing experiences.
- Increase educational access and attainment through robust K-12, college/university and employer partnerships that prepare students for existing and future workforce and industry needs.
- Develop initiatives that help students earn short term credentials, document hard and soft skills, and gain valuable work experiences.
- Create engaging, challenging, and well supported learning experiences that provide all students opportunities to achieve goals and experience success.
- Advance an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for students, employees, and our community to promote a healthy and thriving college.
- Continue to invest in human, financial, technological, and physical capital to advance student success.