The Enterprise Center
A certified business incubator where start-up and emerging businesses can access the resources needed to succeed!
Located in the Quality Center for Business, the Enterprise Center is your gateway to success in the world of entrepreneurship and business development.
Launching and growing a business can be a daunting task. You’ll find a nurturing environment at the Enterprise Center that fosters creativity, collaboration, and growth. Business incubation and acceleration programs, office and manufacturing space, state-of-the-art tools and equipment, and access to on-site economic development partners are available through membership to the Enterprise Center.
Ready to launch or grow your business at the Enterprise Center?
Enterprise Center Membership Benefits
Membership to the Enterprise Center gives you access to a wealth of exclusive benefits designed to propel your business to new heights and provide you with a competitive edge in the market. As a member, you’ll have resources, support, and opportunities that will significantly contribute to your entrepreneurial journey, no matter what stage you’re your business is in. Here are some of the key benefits you can expect with your Enterprise Center membership:
- Access to business incubation and acceleration programs
- Access to on-site economic development partners and programs
- Online business resources and My Own Business Institute (MOBI) courses
- Individual consulting
- Conference rooms and workspace
- Office space or manufacturing bay leases available
- Free coffee courtesy of Four Corners Economic Development
- First access to new programs and opportunities
Business Incubation and Acceleration Program
Creators, crafters, and entrepreneurs! Prototype your idea or build your product in the Big Idea makerspace. From 3D and large format printers to CNC metal and woodworking equipment, the Big Idea makerspace has the equipment and experts to help you bring your next BIG IDEA to life!
Students and recent graduates, do you have an idea for a business but aren’t sure how to get started? Studio G provides business consulting and resources to help you launch your own business. Studio G is provided in partnership with NMSU Arrowhead.
The Harvest Food Hub is an EDA University Center project working to strengthen San Juan County’s local food system. The hub provides resources for food entrepreneurs looking to open a restaurant or food truck or create a retail food product. The hub also works to increase market opportunities for local farmers in restaurants, schools, and other retail outlets and institutions.
My Own Business Institute (MOBI)
In partnership with Santa Clara University, MOBI consists of three online business courses that cover starting a business, business expansion, and quick-start entrepreneurship. Earn a certificate of completion and a digital badge/logo that shows your achievement.
Our partners at the City of Farmington established ORII to encourage outdoor recreation business development and expansion in the Farmington area. ORII’s network of regional partners are well-versed in the outdoor recreation industry and are dedicated to supporting the expansion of the local OR economy.
Economic Development Partners at the Quality Center for Business
The Enterprise Center works closely with many partners to enhance member services. Several of those partners are located here in the Quality Center for Business, serving as our region's economic development and innovation hub.
The San Juan College SBDC is funded through a cooperative agreement between the State of New Mexico and the U.S. Small Business Administration to provide business counseling, technical assistance, assistance with SBA and other loan options, training, financial analysis, and business planning to small businesses in San Juan County.
Program offerings include:
- APEX: The APEX program for businesses needing assistance with government contracting, RFPs, and government regulations. NMPTAC – Opening the door to government contracting in New Mexico (nmapexaccelerator.org)
- International Trade: New Mexico small businesses offer many products with global market potential. The NMSBDC International Business Accelerator, located in Santa Teresa, NM, is a free program for small businesses that want to trade internationally, especially with Mexico. The program offers one-on-one counseling, an online resource guide, an electronic database of trade leads, joint venture opportunities, and tips on exporting & importing. Each SBDC center throughout New Mexico can also guide you through the international maze through direct assistance or referrals to a variety of New Mexico, federal, and out-of-state resources.
- Technology Commercialization Accelerator (TCA): Ideas and inventions require many steps to develop, protect, and monetize; however, understanding these steps should not prevent you from succeeding. TCA offers no-cost, confidential counseling regarding intellectual property. Technology Commercialization Accelerator | NMSBDC
Farmington Women’s Business Center is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to encourage self-sufficiency through sustained self-employment in New Mexico. They assist small businesses with all aspects of technical assistance including business plans, financial models, marketing, and business development. They also offer group and one-on-one training for software like Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks. Businesses can access funding through loan funds and other loan sources including conventional and other lenders.
Four Corners Economic Development provides planning and leadership with a special focus on economic base jobs, recruitment and site selection for business relocation, Skills Ready (WorkKeys®) workforce initiative, and connecting businesses with resources.
New Mexico Manufacturing Extension Partnership is part of a national network that provides technical and business resources to manufacturers and related business communities who are prepared to expand their capabilities and increase profitability. NM MEP also provides a unique set of workforce development offerings that prepare employees to be competitive in a global market.
Chambers of commerce work for the benefit of their members. Mostly comprised of small businesses and nonprofit organizations, chambers provide access to business resources, workshops, and discounts; advocate for their members, provide networking opportunities, increase visibility for business members, and provide important information to their members.
There are three chambers of commerce in San Juan County:
The InBIA is the world’s leading organization advancing business incubation and entrepreneurship. Each year, it provides thousands of professionals with information, education, advocacy, and networking resources to bring excellence to the process of assisting early-stage companies. An elected, voting board of directors representing the world’s leading incubators governs the association.
Enterprise Center Membership Criteria
Businesses must be for-profit and located in San Juan County or the surrounding area, and fit into one of the following categories:
- Business Idea or Startup: You’re in the conceptual stage of starting a business or are less than one year in business
- Emerging Business: You’ve been in business for less than five years and are ready to expand or streamline your business model
- Pivoting Business: You’re ready to make major changes in your existing business model, expand to new markets, add a division, or expand in another way
- Soft Landing: Your business is located outside of San Juan County or is international, and you have plans to expand or relocate your business to the Farmington area
Additional criteria required to become an Enterprise Member include:
- Ability to pay rent if leasing an office space or manufacturing bay
- Have a management team or an individual willing to engage in the incubation or acceleration process
- Compliant with all applicable laws and regulations
Enterprise Center Member Businesses
- Analytical Technologies, Inc.
- Edwards Automation and Design
- Enchant Energy Corporation
- Four Corners Innovations
- Heavy Oil Solutions, Inc.
- MTM Solutions
- Patriot Electrical Services
- San Juan Closet Works
- Terradynamics GIS LLC
- Two Coast Inspections
- Animas Bodywork
- All American Technical Team
- Chapelle Law
- Cintigy Systems
- Damtech LLC
- Diamond Derrick Consulting
- E3 Power and Water
- Elite Energy Services
- Engineered Concepts LLC
- Fidelis Investigations
- 5 Star Security
- High Desert Valve
- Jean Manz Coaching
- JMJ Resources
- Lucky Ridge
- MMJ Courier/Deliver
- Nosstrious – now Forte Digital
- One Source Service
- Sonia Lukow CPA LLC
- Slade Law Firm
- Synergy Operating
- Tomahawk Ridge Films