San Juan College launched its strategic planning cycle for fiscal years 2022 through 2027.
This highly structured and strategic planning process is an expectation of the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). San Juan College is accredited by the HLC.
The process included input from alumni, community members, supporters, students, educational partners and workforce development leaders. A mini conference was held with guest speakers from other community colleges who provided insight on strategic topics. More than 100 attendees participated in the breakout sessions. Months of planning involving many work sessions, presentations and interactive meetings were conducted to capture thoughts and ideas from the San Juan College community.
The Board of Trustees approved the Mission, Vision, and Strategic Directions for fiscal years 2022 to 2027
- Increase educational access and attainment through robust K-12, college/university, and employer partnerships that prepare students for existing and future workforce and industry needs.
- Develop initiatives that help students earn short-term credentials, document hard and soft skills, and gain valuable work experiences.
- Create engaging, challenging, and well-supported learning experiences that provide all students opportunities to achieve goals and experience success.
- Advance an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment for students, employees, and our community to promote a healthy and thriving college.
- Continue to invest in human, financial, technological, and physical capital to advance student success.
Educate and empower individuals to thrive in an ever-changing world.
Inspire success through world-class education and life-changing experiences.