SJC Kids Kollege
Providing kids and teens with exciting learning opportunities to explore, expand, and experience areas of interest.
About Kids Kollege
SJC Kids Kollege is a summer enrichment program for youth. The program offers a wide range of classes covering diverse subjects, including science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics, sports, cooking, and more. Through hands-on learning, interactive projects, and creative exploration, students get the opportunity to deepen their knowledge, develop critical thinking skills, and foster their curiosity.
Registration for Kids Kollege 2024 begins March 8.
Cultivate your technological strengths and computer interests and learn the importance of Cyber Safety. Explore cryptography, forensic investigations, and identity theft while discovering a hands-on career in cybersecurity. These FREE camps are for students who have completed grades 6-11, with campers divided into two groups. Campers must be willing to commit to the five-day camp and come to campus every day.
- Children are asked to bring water, sunscreen, and a hat to any outdoor class.
- Children can bring a peanut-free snack if he or she is participating in more than one class throughout the day.
- Some classes may require aprons or old shirts for projects that lend themselves to getting messy. The class description says if bringing these items may be necessary.
- To receive a refund on Kids Kollege classes, withdraw your child from the class before the second class meeting. Supply fees may not be refunded. Requests for refunds made after the second class meeting will not be granted; you will be charged the full fee for the class. Refunds online will be credited to your credit card. Refunds for payments made by check or cash will take several days to process, will require additional documentation on your student for processing and will be paid by a check mailed to you from San Juan College.
- If a course is canceled due to insufficient enrollment, fees will be fully refunded. It is not necessary for the student to request a refund for canceled classes.
- Get your kids set for the summer from the convenience of your home or work with a credit card.
- Register online
- If you need to pay by cash or check, please call (505) 566-3293. Visit the Community Learning Center at San Juan College’s 30th Street Education Center, 3401 E. 30th Street. Please call (505) 566-3214 for more information.
- The office is staffed Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Back-to-back classes? We’ve got runners! Your child can move safely between afternoon classes with our trained runners. The Kids Kollege program provides runners between afternoon classes for all children ages 4–11 enrolled in two back-to-back afternoon classes.
- Children ages 4–5 stay in one building only and are supervised within that facility.
- Children ages 6–11 are escorted across campus.
If a class is full, consider placing your child on a waitlist using our online waitlist form.
Document all relevant allergies and medical conditions through our online registration. Out of consideration for students with severe peanut allergies, peanuts and peanut products are not allowed in Kids Kollege. Please take care and do not send snacks with peanuts or peanut products, even if your child has no allergies.
- It is the responsibility of parents or legal guardians to timely drop-off and pick-up your children. Please deliver your child to his/her classroom no more than 10 minutes before the start of the class and pick him/her up no later than 10 minutes after the end of class.
- The Kids Kollege program closes promptly at 5:15 pm every day.
- Parents are asked to sign all kids in and out of classes.
- For kids ages 9–15, if you wish your child to sign himself or herself out of a class, send a signed written note to the class with your child's name clearly on the note or complete a form provided at your child's class on the first day.
- Please park or move your vehicle to the side of the road when you are loading and unloading students.
Year-Round Activities for Kids at SJC
The SJC climbing wall at the Health & Human Performance Center offers group reservations, birthday parties, and other kid-friendly activities. Learn more!
The Community Learning Center offers non-credit classes year-round, with some geared for kids. There are also classes for adults that are marked as “Appropriate for ages…and up.” Learn more!
Bring your kids to the SJC planetarium, where they can explore the world of astronomy through public shows and scheduled groups. Learn more
A popular activity for kids of all ages! The Sherman Dugan Museum of Geology showcases an array of beautiful minerals and unique fossils from around the world. Learn more
M-Th 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Fri: 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.