Register for Encore Courses
How to Register for Encore Courses
To register, call 505-566-3214. Call to ensure that in-person registration is available.
Register Monday-Thursday between 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. or Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Community Learning Center located at 3401 E. 30th St., the 30th Street Education Center. The Encore office can be accessed through the San Juan College 2nd Floor entrance with parking on the West side of the building.
Online registration is not available for Encore Courses.
Courses have a cap on enrollment and are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. So please register early! No registrations will be taken at class unless stated in the course description in the Continuing Education Schedule.
Encore Course Fees & Pricing
- Course fees must be paid at the time of registration.
- Course fees do not include the cost of books or supplies unless noted in the course description.
- Encore courses are one credit hour unless otherwise noted.
- Residents 65 and older may take up to ten credit hours at San Juan College per semester at the senior rate of $5 tuition per credit hour plus a student activity fee of $1.50 per credit hour.
- Residents under 65 pay $56 tuition per credit hour plus a student activity fee of $1.50 per credit hour.
- Non-residents pay $168 tuition per credit hour plus a student activity fee of $1.50 per credit hour.
- Student Activity Fee does not apply to online courses. When residents 65 and older take more than ten credit hours in a semester, they will be charged the under-65 rate for the additional credit hours.
We accept cash, checks (made payable to San Juan College), money orders, purchase orders and Visa, Mastercard or Discover.
Cancellations and Refunds
- If a course is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, fees will be fully refunded. It is not necessary for the student to request a refund for cancelled courses.
- To receive a refund on courses lasting less than one week, you must withdraw from the class 72 hours before that course begins.
- To receive a refund on courses lasting more than one week, you must withdraw from the course no later than one day prior to the second meeting.
Stay Connected to Encore
For more information or to receive a monthly email about Encore, contact email@example.com or call the Encore Office at 505-566-3214.