Free Tax Preparation through Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE)
Location and Times
The Quality Center for Business-5101 College Blvd., Farmington, NM
SJC West, 69 County Road 6500, Kirtland, NM
Mondays: 10am-2pm (drop-off (Farmington)
Wednesdays: 9:30-11:30am drop-off (Kirtland), 12-3pm drop-off (Farmington)
Thursdays: 2-5pm Same-day (Farmington)
Saturdays: 10am-4pm Same-day (Farmington)
To schedule an appointment:
Text: 505-278-0763 (please include your name)
Call: 505-566-3314 or 970-553-9150 (please leave a message)
San Juan College School of Business and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance/Tax Counseling for the Elderly (VITA/TCE) have partnered to assist those with low to moderate income and 60+ for the elderly to prepare their tax returns, free of charge. IRS certified volunteers will prepare 2023 taxes and file them electronically.
Needed Documents and Process
- Valid photo identification for you and your spouse
- Social Security cards or ITINs for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Copy of last year’s tax return
- All forms – W-2 and 1099
- Forms 1095-A, B or C (ACA Statements)
- Forms 1098T and student financial statement
- Information for all forms of income
- Information for all deductions/credits
- Total paid to daycare providers and their tax ID number
- For direct deposit of refund – proof of account and bank’s routing number.
- Attention All College Students: Your 1098T AND a financial statement for each semester you attended last year is required. (SJC students can obtain this from self-service through your MySJC)
Those utilizing the services may choose to stay while tax preparers complete the tax returns or drop off your information (following Step 1 interview process) and pick the forms up after preparers have completed the returns.
- You will undergo a short interview. The tax preparers will determine whether you have all the documents and information needed to prepare your return. Valid photo IDs and Social Security Numbers (or ITNs) will be verified. Your questions or concerns can be addressed before your return starts.
- Your return will be prepared based on the information that you have provided our staff. You are encouraged to ask questions and be involved in the process.
- Your return will be viewed by an IRS Certified Volunteer to verify that all information has been entered correctly. A copy of your return will be printed out for your records. Your signature(s) will be required and your return will be electronically filed. And your process is complete!
Phone: 505-566-3314 (please leave a message)
- Prior year return filing
- Tax amendment
*Please note: Four Corners Tax Help volunteers will prepare your Tax Return based on the information YOU provide. Please be advised that you are ultimately responsible for the information on your Tax Return.