The TRIO Student Support Services Scholar Program at San Juan College (SJC) is committed to helping SJC students find their success. It encourages students to develop persistence, self-discipline, responsibility, and confidence to succeed academically, personally, and professionally.
Students eligible for the program are provided guidance, advocacy, and academic support.
TRIO Student Support Services
- Individualized academic support and guidance
- Cultural and social events and activities
- Support for transferring to a 4-year college
- Peer mentoring
- Computer lab
- Assistance with financial aid
- Advocacy and personal support
- Career exploration and assessments
- Referrals to other campus and community resources
- Encourages College success workshops
Students who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Enrolled at San Juan College
Meet one or more of the following:
- You are a first-generation college student
- Meet low-income qualifications
- Have a documented disability
Students studying any major, please fill out application, and an SSS staff member will contact you to set up an appointment.
Students studying Science, Math, Engineering, Mathematics, or Health Science, please fill out application, and an SSS staff member will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Contact us at: (505) 566-3147
San Juan College's TRIO SSS Project is 100% funded by the U.S. Department of Education with an annual budget of $265,802 to serve 160 participants.
San Juan College's TRIO SSS STEM-H Project is 100% funded by the U.S. Department of Education with an annual budget of $220,000 to serve 120 participants.