First-Generation College Student
A first-generation student is a pioneer, doing something none of the people who raised them have ever done.
Not sure if you’re a first-generation college student?
You ARE a first-generation student if:
- Someone who grew up in a home where both parents did not attend a four-year college.
- Where one parent has an AA only.
- Where one or both parents attempted some college but did not finish it.
- If your parents went to community college ONLY.
- If your parents went to a technical school.
- If your parents went to a NON four-year school in another country.
- If your parent DID go to college, but they passed away, and you have lived without them for more than half of your life.
You are NOT a first-generation student if:
- If you were raised by someone who DID graduate from a four-year college.
Information gathered from CollegeMapping
Still have questions?
Check out these resources!